Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Downing street memo

Check it out at http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/

America is considered one of the most advanced and open societies. But I am constantly amazed by the amount of censorship that happens (either by whitehouse or self-sensored due to business interests) in the press. The press covers things what it wants to cover without the consideration for the people's need to know which is why there was no watergate after the original watergate. These days the press has become more of a mouth piece for whitehouse in U.S which is why I rely on BBC and other foreign press for the information. http://news.google.com/ is my new friend since it brings news from multiple sources.

I am not sure how many people know of the book series Censored 2005 : The Top 25 Censored Stories (Censored) published every year by Sonoma state university on stories that never made it to the public because of the censorship. I read the 2004 release and couldn't believe that I am living in an open society!

As for the authenticity of the memo, I don't care. From the beginning, I had the strong belief that this war was the war of choice than the war of necessity. So this is nothing new to me.

No comments: