Sunday, October 29, 2006

Lies, Deception and FUD

If there is one thing that could be said of Republican party right now is how deceitful they are. Democrats have no choice but to follow them. I am talking about the Ads that has been running for the mid term elections in different races. Be it George Allen Vs. Jim Webb or the poor Mr. Ford Jr who is on the receiving end. It is not just them but overall, I see ads reaching the rock bottom on decency, negativity, twisted truths, statements and votes taken out of context and facts that are just plain wrong. Is this what the GOP stands far? Is this what portrays their values? If the Ads represent their moral values, principles or what they are, they are the last party I would want to represent and support.

Also, I am totally surprised at how democracy and election plays out here and how much misinformation is thrown at people regarding the candidates who is running for the election. It gets real nasty here and this is much worse than the country where I originally come from. If this is what the land of the free has to offer, I really doubt if America stands as an example for the rest of the world.

No comments: