Sunday, November 12, 2006

U.S Mid term election - What really mattered?

You ask anyone what is so good about the mid-term elections and anyone would say without hesitation that it was the democrats take over of both Senate and House. But here is what mattered most to me and am happy about besides democrat's victory
  • Maccaca lost to Jim Webb in Virginia senate race by a razor thin margin. I apologize for using the term Maccaca and I don't know what it means. I forgot his name for a second and that is what came to my mind. It is republican George Allen who lost to Jim Webb. Welcome to America George!
  • Ken BlackWell the current secretary of state for Ohio lost in the governer's race.
  • Katherine Harris the secretary of state for Florida lost to democratic incumbent Bill Nelson by a significant margin with Harris garnering only 38 percent of the vote

That was the best part of this election. On a related note, I don't understand why democrats are so happy about the election results. Neither of the party got a landslide victory in terms of percentage of votes. Most of the races were won by a very thin margin or by very few percentage points. The country is divided across party lines, I really wonder if any single party could make any significant contributions till the next elections!!!

No comments: