Monday, December 25, 2006

Zune: A disappointing first experience

Our household got Zune as Christmas gift and I have to admit that my first impressions are a little disappointing.

First, The look and feel is not great. I got the black Zune and the color is dull. It probably is my personal preference but I rather prefer the Sansa/IPod look.

Secondly, when I first connected it to the PC and turned on the Zune device I expected to see a welcome screen and be able to do something. BUT it is showing me the flashing low battery icon and it is going on for at least 30 minutes now. I then went to zune.net and looked around to find that my USB hub is not a high-powered hub to charge the device. How in the world my mom or pop is going to figure that out???

Third, it does not support some picture/video formats that I already have. What is wrong with these people? Why can't I have all the format support???

But I do like its Audio/Video/Pictures/FM capabilities and would consider this on par in terms of functionalities with other top players.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Living in the Seattle area, you might notice the Sno-Islse library system has downloadable audio books that requires Windows Media for rights management. The problem with the Zune is that it doesn't recognize Windows Media Rights. It only recongizes Zune Marketplace Rights, not those from hundreds if not thousands of libraries around trhe world. What does Bill have against libraries, and other Microsoft products.