Thursday, January 25, 2007

We are not impressed with Wii

For all the hype and talk, I actually got an opportunity to experience Wii. I was all pumped up and excited. When my friend turned on the machine, my disappointment started.

First, the menu is rudimentary and aweful. I have not seen any less appealing layout/navigation. I own an XBox 360 and I love the user interface, colors and the customization.

Second, I played some games to check out the graphics and game play. Graphics is horrible. It felt like that the clock was set back 10 years. Having played Gears of War, Kameo and Pimps at Sea (Alpha) on XBox360, I was horrified at what Nintendo has released.

Verdict: If not for the innovative controller, this is a piece of crap. I would rather recommend PS1 ororiginal XBox to the folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, the half-assed, 1980s style cartoon graphics are a big turn off.

I also wasn't too impressed with the control. It's hard to use and with the pixelated, unrealistic people I couldn't figure out what was going on half the time. Especially in the tennis game, where you can't make your player move to hit the ball. Extremely confusing.