Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Just couldn't watch and let it happen!

The media is talking a lot about Blockbuster's plans for hostile takeover for Hollywood Entertainment.

I just couldn't sit and be an observer to the events which affects me so much (I rent a couple of movies a month). So I fired up a short e-mail to antitrust@ftc.gov explaning why this is not in the best interest of the consumers urging it to do something to block the merger. I for one want choice in my howntown when I choose to rent a video. If this merger goes through, BlockBuster will have a monopoly in the rental business and I will have nowhere else to go if I don't like the business.

Well, I have had problems with BlockBuster charging me late fees for which I am absolutely sure I returned on time and the people weren't happy about it when I argued for a refund. Also, the 2 day rentals never works for me.

I for one will switch to NetFlix or something like that if this deal goes through.

No comments: