Saturday, February 19, 2005

Blockbuster Deception

Blockbuster is running a ad-campaign called "Celebrate the end of late fees" which claims the following:
"There are no more late fees at BlockBuster. And that's on every movie and every game in the entire store - no matter how you rent. So if you need an extra day or two with your movies and games, go ahead and take 'em. Relax. Enjoy them without the stress of late fees"

After watcing the Ads, I thought just like everyone else that one could keep the movie rentals as long as they want just like with NetFlix or other online rentals. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Here is the FAQ from their website:

Q: Now that late fees are ending, can I keep movie and game rentals as long as I want?
A: Movie and game rentals are still due back by the due date shown on your receipt.

This is the whole reason I stopped going to Blockbuster because of their deceptive practices. They had some ridiculuous policies and late fees and 2-day rental never works for me. Do they expect every consumer to read all the fine prints before renting?

I am glad N.J is sueing Blockbuster over this.

No comments: