Saturday, May 21, 2005

Microsofties are not slaves!!

At least that wasn't the impression I got when some one I know told me what happended to him last week at work!

He went to his manager and requested that he needed to take 2 extra weeks of unpaid leave so that he could spend more time with his family which he hasn't seen in many years. The manager said "No". He said you take what vacation you have accrued and return to work afer that. If he failed to do so, he was warned that it could be considered as abandonment and one of the consequences is termination of his employment!

What the hell is going on here? Here is an employee who feels the need and the company says that it has work cut out for him and so he can't go! The truth is, this employee over the last few years has lost so much unused vacation (he is workaholic) and there was no patterns of misuse that I could see from what he told me.

This is what they used to call slavery in the past and it now seem to have taken a new form and name now! I just wish that this is an isolated case and that this comapny is better than this.

No comments: