Wednesday, August 24, 2005

One and only thing I wish for

Everything in my life is something I can live with. The headline Israel Confirms Plan to Seize West Bank Land for Barrier in NYTimes got me into disliking the Israel govenment even more for its actions. While I appreciated the gaza withdrawl, it had not changed much of my attitude towards the government. There has been so much land grab (since the six day war) for the sake of security and I don't know how it thinks it can take land just like that. What the fuck is the international community doing? It is a complete joke if it thinks putting physical barriers is going to save it from all its trouble and stop people from hating Israel for its actions.

There are only 2 thinks I wish for.
1. Dismantle all jewish settlements in westbank and Gaza. If people think they like to stay there, let them get palentinian citizenship. No matter what the history is, Israelis and the government do not own middleeast and all its land.
2. Return all the land it grabbed since the 1964 war

and I can promise that they can live in greater peace than what they have now. I would recommend the following books to get some idea about the history of the situation:
Six Days of War : June 1967 and the Making of the Modern Middle East
Arab and Jew: Wounded Spirits in a Promised Land
The Missing Peace : The Inside Story of the Fight for Middle East Peace

No comments: