Thursday, January 13, 2005

Will Bill & Steve ever shutup and stop trash talking?

Our Billg said the following in a recent interview to news.com
"No, I'd say that of the world's economies, there's more that believe in intellectual property today than ever. There are fewer communists in the world today than there were. There are some new modern-day sort of communists who want to get rid of the incentive for musicians and moviemakers and software makers under various guises. They don't think that those incentives should exist," he told News.com.

Here is my question to Bill. If it is fine to have business dealings with communist regimes like China and Russia (a.k.a Emerging markets), why not deal with the modern day communists? The former is far worse than the later in my opinion.

Can't he or Steve(Remember the cancer?) convey their ideas without making controversial (or in other words political) statements? There is so much importance given to professionalism inside Microsoft (Well, they screwed my review once because I said somethings w/o being professional in an e-mail), I guess they both could take few more lessions on "What not to say". It is not like they screw up often, even these individual instances can cause great harm to the company and the individual reputation.

They both are extremely smart IMO, but I do not like them playing politics!

No comments: